I'm a lot of things. But for the time you read this, you can call me yours :)

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Let the Muses Loose.

"Limousines and sycophants,
don't leave now,
'cause I'm afraid
what you've done to me
is now the wolf in my bed."

-Seal

What is it about a good lyric that can lead to great amounts of thought on any subject? I tried asking that question and got no real answer. I also tried writing lyrics and that was a terrible, pointless endeavor (don't ask me why; just not my forte I suppose).

I admit, sometimes I'm very afraid to step out of my comfort zone. I think this becomes obvious when I perform. Just for the amusement of whoever may be reading this (peace and blessings to you), this is a video of my first performance:




Nerves: they're what's for dinner.

At any rate, I say all that to ask this: what have you done to make yourself uncomfortable lately? Have you written something in a style you didn't think possible? Did you talk to that girl/guy you've been crushing on for years but you didn't know what to say but the timing was never right but she has a boyfriend. . .

OK, that was a little personal. But seriously, try something new. The muse resting in your brain will appreciate it. They get bored easily, you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment