I'm a lot of things. But for the time you read this, you can call me yours :)

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

But lately, words would escape me. . .

Somewhere along the line we all walk between "making moves in our lives" and "doing too much", I was left behind. Is it really a new year? A new decade? I insist that life slow down right now.

. . .
. . .
. . .

OK, so I'm fully aware that that's not how it works. I can't stop time, turn back time, make time get on the corner and get that money, anything like that. What I can do is have a heart-to-heart with her. Plead with her to squeeze the few extra seconds that I need to get anything done anymore, ask for a break from all the work that stacks up on us all.

I miss being younger. I miss feeling connected. Now, it feels like I'm all by myself all the time and while it has its perks, it's mostly just that empty feeling you get when you go to bed on Valentine's with not a single card to show for it. Oh, St. Valentine, you my friend are another post for another day.

Today, I just want whoever is reading this to remember their loved ones, remember the past, and use it to help shape your future. You only get one so make it count. And remember:

Love is the reason. For everything. Take that as you will.

Safety and peace, dear reader.

No comments:

Post a Comment