I'm a lot of things. But for the time you read this, you can call me yours :)

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

How close are you to the rest of your life?

So I was looking at what courses I need in order to fulfill my graduation requirements today. I didn't dawn on me until just now, but it really hit like a ton of feathers today: I'm a semester from the rest of my life. I'm a stone's throw away from the real world, and honestly, I'm not afraid. I'm living life, honestly, and I hope you can do the same. Honesty leads to fearlessness. Fearlessness leads to bravery. Bravery leads to selflessness, to kindness. To love. To love: it is the best and worst of things. It houses within a great aptitude for destruction, and a great appetite for it. Yet it is the lifeblood of all of our truly passionate endeavors, the catch-22 of catch-22s. It is change. Change is hard. Painful, torturous, but necessary. Changing is necessary, and that takes discipline. Requires grace, courage.

It requires love.

No comments:

Post a Comment